Most of the tropical fruits, such as, pineapple, mango, passion fruit, dragon fruit, papaya, guava, etc., are extremely nutritious and come with a number of health benefits. As we already know, fruits and vegetables must be included in our diets on a daily basis, if we want to have a healthy, balanced diet. If we avoid consuming fruits and vegetables on a regular basis, we could be putting our health at risk.
Most tropical fruits are extremely rich in vitamins, minerals and also fibre content. While the vitamins and minerals found in tropical fruits like pineapples are needed to keep up your overall health, the fibre content in them aims at flushing out the waste from your body effectively. This is why, when we were younger, our elders advised us to never miss out on eating enough fruits and vegetables.
Many research studies have found that people who consume tropical fruits, like pineapple, on a regular basis, are relatively healthier. So, if you want to remain healthy and avoid a number of ailments, then you can make eating pineapple a regular habit. Here are some of the reasons why pineapple can be extremely healthy for you; take a look.
1. Treats Arthritis Arthritis is an auto-immune disease that usually affects older people, causing muscle stiffness, joint pain, etc. A potent enzyme called bromelanin can treat and reduce this condition.
2. Improves Immunity As pineapple is loaded with vitamin C content, it can boost your immune system and help your body to fight against common diseases like flu, cold and other such microbial infections.
3. Prevents Cancer Research studies have found that pineapple may have the ability to prevent the growth of cancerous cells in your body, as it is rich in vitamin A and beta carotenes, thereby keeping you away from this deadly disease.
4. Boosts Cellular Health Cells and tissues are the building blocks of our body, so it is essential to keep them healthy, if we want to avoid diseases. The vitamin C in pineapples can also improve cellular and tissue health.
5. Improves Digestion As it contains fibre, pineapple can help flush out the toxins and waste from your intestines, thus preventing digestive disorders and also aiding the secretion of healthy digestive juices.
6. Improves Oral Health It is said that pineapples possess an astringent property which can fight the bacteria that affect your gums and teeth, thus preventing oral cavities and gum infections.
7. Prevents High Blood Pressure High blood pressure, or hypertension, is an ailment in which the pressure of the blood against the arteries is too high. This ailment can cause serious heart disorders. The potassium content in pineapple has the ability to dilate your blood vessels, thus reducing high BP.
Source: Article “This Is Why You Need To Consume Pineapples On A Regular Basis!” by Chandana Rao – www.boldsky.com